What Are The Signs Someone Has Suffered Narcissistic Abuse?
- Insanity: We will appear insane, no shit. Friends, family, and acquaintances will be left scratching their heads, thinking, “what the fuck do we see in this person?” One minute we “got it,” the next minute, we are chasing the abuser down, asking for forgiveness. We put up with the most insane shit that no one will understand.
- Reality: You will lose yours and adapt the abusers false reality. And the longer you are with them, the deeper you will fall. You won’t know up from down any longer. You will question the most mundane shit as they gaslight and project any form of actual reality you had. And then, strip it all away.
- Physical Health: Our physical health begins to fail. Maybe we are gaining or losing significant amounts of weight. Perhaps we picked up an unhealthy addiction. We can’t sleep, our overall physical health is deteriorating.
- Rumination/Obsession: We will talk to anyone that will listen as we try and sort out the mess in their mind. We are looking for anyone to validate our “normal” reactions to abuse. In which the abuser gaslights them when they react to the abuse. It is never enough even when we get validation; we need more and more.
- Trust: We have trouble trusting anyone. We question everyone’s motives even if the person in question has been trustworthy for years.
- Defensive: We will defend and justify the very person that is unleashing the abuse. It really is sick. I’ve gritted my teeth, minimizing and justifying the abuse I endured. It got to a point where no one, not even my sister, wanted to hear her name again. Her name disgusted everyone close to me. Welcome to the world of cognitive dissonance and trauma bond.
- Hope: This is the saddest part. Please show us just an ounce of love or that you give a fuck! We hang on to the little crumbs they throw at us in hopes we get a little dose of what they gave us initially or what was given sparingly throughout the years of hell.
- Patience: We have none. It’s gone. We are nothing but a shell of what we used to be. We are becoming the walking time bomb from the conditioning of walking on eggshells from the circular talk and…